Refresh Workshop: Fundamental Skills of Product Management
There are common elements and skills that are invaluable to every Product Manager. This workshop covers the following topics:
- Technical: programming, good engineering practices, development stacks and methodologies
- Analytical: metrics, A/B testing, growth, data-driven decisions
- Communication: email etiquette, product specs, filing bugs
- Product sense: design challenges, user studies, competitors, making feature decisions
- Strategy: big ideas, product launches
The workshop is open to anybody who is currently a PM or has the goal of becoming one within a year. It’s ideal for people who are at the beginning of their careers as PMs. An important point to make: this workshop is NOT about Project/Program Management or Marketing. Those are somewhat related functions, but they’re ultimately different.